I’d be particularly curious to know if Sting’s brain reacts differently from other listeners, and if those differences are explained by his experience as a performer and composer, his particular genre-blurring musical tastes, or just being Sting.
Summary: Explores how our neurophysiology enables us to connect to God and others and how spiritual practices, liturgies, and opportunities to serve enable us to physically as well as spiritually thrive.
When I finished my post-doctoral research in biochemistry, my career took a turn that was both unexpected and a surprise to my graduate student and post-doc colleagues. I had gone out on faculty interviews at two different universities, expecting to pursue the “traditional” academic route for science Ph.Ds.
If you’ve encountered any of the marketing for the film Lucy, you know it is premised on the old canard that humans only use 10% of their brains. Even if it were true, and it isn’t, it doesn’t automatically follow that accessing the other 90% would enable one to see wireless data signals as shiny […]
Editor’s note: Yesterday, Katelin reviewed Minds, Brains, Souls and Gods: A Conversation on Faith, Psychology and Neuroscience. Today she shares a few reflections stimulated by Minds, Brains, Souls and God: Science and Faith A God That is Bigger Than Our Own Understanding Our Dual Mission Field. As always, please do not hesitate to share your […]