Connecting with ESN has really enriched my experience at Urbana because it expanded my mind to see that God called me into the engineering field for a reason. Missions and academic/vocational pursuit are not two separate ideas, but rather beautifully intertwined to fulfill a piece of Godâ€™s bigger story for my generation.
The Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) is a national network within InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries which supports those on the academic pathway as they work out how their academic vocation serves God and others. We encourage and equip undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, and early career faculty as they navigate each stage of their academic vocation and transition to the next step in or beyond the academy.
What Does ESN Do?
ESN supports Christians with an academic vocation through:
- An ongoing blog
- Opportunities to connect with peers and mentor figures online and at conferences
- Partnerships with InterVarsity campus fellowships and conferencing
- Partnerships with other likeminded organizations such as the American Scientific Affiliation (ASA)
ESN does this by:
- Building/encouraging/publicizing networks of Christians within academic fields
- Connecting students in transition to InterVarsity events/campus groups and other resources
- Producing material to support groups and individuals exploring their academic vocation and sharing it on our blog
- Providing emerging scholars opportunities to connect with peers and mentor figures online and at conferences
- Providing emerging scholars training and opportunities to grow as public intellectuals and bless the church and the world through blogging and speaking opportunities
- Engaging InterVarsity alumni with a desire to serve emerging scholars
ESN’s networking / resourcing platforms include: Facebook, Twitter, andÂ Paper.li.Â On campus? Then don’t miss the opportunity to become a part of an InterVarsity campus fellowship. For more information on InterVarsity Christian Fellowshipâ€™s ministry to graduate students and faculty, click here.