We’re deeply excited about the summer here at ESN, and we invite you to join us in thanks and prayer for God’s work at ESN.
Praise God for:
1. Growing opportunities to support grassroots connections among Christian academics at professional conferences. See this exciting post about Christians in the planetary sciences gathering recently for one example.
2. Growing opportunities to craft conference tracks that connect Christian scholars, like those at Urbana and the upcoming ESN track at the American Scientific Affiliation 2016 Annual Meeting.
3. A wonderful group of ESN writers that’s rapidly expanding. If you’ve submitted something and haven’t heard back, thank you for your patience! We’re thrilled to have so many great new submissions that we’re scrambling to keep up, and we look forward to talking with you soon, Lord willing. Don’t stop sending things in, though – we’re so excited by the high quality material we’re receiving and the chance to connect with thoughtful writers, whether old friends or new.
Please Pray for:
1. Great connections at summer conferencing. Please pray that this would be a time when ESN is able to make a genuine contribution to connecting Christians within their fields to peers, mentors, and friends.
2. Great opportunities to open up in networking Christians in the humanities and social sciences. God is blessing our partnership with American Scientific Affiliation with many opportunities to connect Christians in the sciences across both networks. Please pray for similar opportunities to open up for partnership and connection in the humanities and social sciences.
3. Summer fund development. God has blessed ESN with huge growth this year, and to be wise stewards of this growth we need to do very significant fund development this fiscal year. Pray that God provides support, long term partnerships, and growth. Note: If the Lord is leading you to give a gift toward this kingdom work at this time, click here.
Thank you so much for sharing in these journeys with us! We are deeply grateful for your prayers. Always feel free to send us prayer requests, too. The ESN staff appreciates the opportunity to pray for you.
Photo courtesy of Unsplash at Pixabay.com
About the author:
The Emerging Scholars Network is always seeking opportunities to identify, encourage, and equip the next generation of Christian scholars to be a redeeming influence in the academy, church, and the world. As you have an announcement, a "call for papers", an event, a prayer request (e.g., campus, field, higher ed), a resource suggestion, a review, etc., which is in concord with our Kingdom of God endeavor, please send materials (marketing/sales material not accepted) for consideration to post via email or the ESN Writer Survey. Thank-you. To God be the glory!
Leave a Reply