ESN Blog Reading List
Emerging Scholar’s Network has curated lists of articles into reading lists. View all available reading lists.
Description of this specific reading list category.
- I remember struggling with staying connected during my second year of graduate school.
- Oh Lord, as we think about where we are, let us remember where You are. Let us seek You and find You. As we discover You, let us understand where we are, serving our neighborhoods, our institutions, our churches, and our families and friends. Amen.
- Why should we give thanks to God and why is it a journey?
- It was a beautiful, hot summer day; yet, I was full of despair and anxiety. While taking a walk with my Dad, I was explaining to him my dilemma. Finally, my dream of attending the university was coming true, but there was no money.
Scholar’s Compass: Fostering Thoughtful Integration of Faith and Subject within Christian Academic CommunitiesYou’re a postgraduate student with a busy course and research schedule, spending long hours in the lab or poring over books. Or a new lecturer, coming to grips with juggling teaching, marking and caring for your students with continuing to build your research career.
- Psalm 111 has been called the ‘research scientist’s Psalm’ for reasons that are hopefully obvious. Scientists have the privilege of being paid to ponder God’s creative works every day. In fact, their pondering can become so intense that their field of study might focus in on a single detail.
- Ever have a crisis of faith in the rare books room?
- Christians in university settings can all too often find in the church and in academe two cultures that lead us to discouragement. The most uptight Pharisees can miss Christ just as easily as the most ardent skeptics by failing to see the God that they have misdefined in the first place.
View additional reading lists under The Four Loves category: