Urbana Student Mission Conference starts tomorrow! If you’re at the conference, we’d love to connect with you. We have many other seminar opportunities and small conversations planned, so stop by our booth to find out more, but here are several ways to meet up with us:
- ESN Seminar, Monday December 28 at 2 pm: The Secular Academy as a Mission Field
- ESN Reception, Monday December 28 at 9:30 pm
- Meet ESN authors and seminar speakers, hear about next year at ESN, and hang out with other Christian academics at the ESN/GFM Lounge.
- Stop by our booth or check the Urbana app for the location.
- ESN/GFM Booth (626 & 628), open all afternoon in the Exhibit Hall: We’d love to see you! Stop by and say “Hi!” to Tom (3:30 – 6:30 pm), Hannah, ESN speakers like Dave Vosburg, and other grad/faculty ministries staff.
- ESN/GFM Lounge: A great place to rest, connect, and hang out with other Christian academics. We’ll have special guests stopping by the Lounge to say “Hi!” as well as space for relaxed conversation and rest. Stop by our exhibit hall booth or check the Urbana app for the location.
- For more information check out http://ivgfm.org/urbana
Whether following the Urbana Student Missions Conference online (stay tuned for our updates) or participating in the conference in St. Louis, let us all pray for God’s discernment as we enter a new year of engaging God’s global mission in the context of higher education. May our head, heart, and hands first be offered to the Lord AND then extended in love to neighbor, community/communities, and creation to God’s glory!
About the author:
Tom enjoys daily conversations regarding living out the Biblical Story with his wife Theresa and their four girls, around the block, at Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ Church (where he teaches adult electives and co-leads a small group), among healthcare professionals as the Northeast Regional Director for the Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA), and in higher ed as a volunteer with the Emerging Scholars Network (ESN). For a number of years, the Christian Medical Society / CMDA at Penn State College of Medicine was the hub of his ministry with CMDA. Note: Tom served with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship / USA for 20+ years, including 6+ years as the Associate Director of ESN. He has written for the ESN blog from its launch in August 2008. He has studied Biology (B.S.), Higher Education (M.A.), Spiritual Direction (Certificate), Spiritual Formation (M.A.R.), Ministry to Emerging Generations (D.Min.). To God be the glory!