As we enter a new month, we invite you to pray with us for Scholar’s Compass.
Praise God for:
1. Great conversations prompted by Scholar’s Compass.
- Scholar’s Compass authors and readers are building conversations through the comments, Facebook walls, and email. It’s exciting to see Christian scholars connecting!
2. A growing sense of community encouraged by Scholar’s Compass.
- The community we’ve been praying for is becoming more and more real. As our community of writers grows and we have more ideas for google hangouts, face to face events, and connections at conferences, we’re excited to see what God will do this summer.
Join us in praying for:
1. Ideas for connecting Christian scholars further this summer to become a reality.
- We’re excited not only to be at present at a growing number of conferences (e.g., American Scientific Affiliation, BioLogos, Consortium of Christian Study Centers, Northeast Faculty Conference), but also to be planning some google hangouts and other ways of connecting believers within disciplines. Please join us in prayer that these plans will come together, and let us know if you have ideas.
2. Great connections with emerging scholars at the upcoming Urbana Student Missions Conference (December 27 – 31).
- It may seem early to mention a conference in December, but early registration ends June 30. Pray that God will call a number of Christian academics to come and that great community growth will follow.
3. Wisdom in long range funding conversations.
- ESN is at a crucial moment in seeking a more substantial funding base to continue providing expanded blog content and start providing more events to connect Christian scholars. Please pray for God’s wisdom and provision as we seek the right funding strategies over time.
We close with our prayer for readers today:
1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (ESV)
I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge—even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Image courtesy of cegoh at Pixabay.com
About the author:
The Emerging Scholars Network is always seeking opportunities to identify, encourage, and equip the next generation of Christian scholars to be a redeeming influence in the academy, church, and the world. As you have an announcement, a "call for papers", an event, a prayer request (e.g., campus, field, higher ed), a resource suggestion, a review, etc., which is in concord with our Kingdom of God endeavor, please send materials (marketing/sales material not accepted) for consideration to post via email or the ESN Writer Survey. Thank-you. To God be the glory!