The Emerging Scholars Network is launching an exciting new writing/community building project [Scholar’s Compass launched Fall 2014], and we’d love for you to participate. If you’re interested, please fill out the survey below or drop us an email.
Many Christian scholars struggle to link their faith and their academic callings: it’s hard to find time to reflect, and sometimes hard to find a community excited to integrate faith and academic vocation. InterVarsity’s new project will build a community of Christian scholars to craft devotional reflections on scholarly vocation and encourage each other toward rich spiritual lives.
ESN is seeking Christian scholars at all career points who are excited to do any of the following:
- Write for the devotional
- Join an occasional peer discussion group with other writers
- Introduce us to communities like university fellowships who can try out the devotional and give us feedback.
To start we’re creating an entire year of devotionals to post online, with a book to follow. We hope to embody the diversity of the church in terms of career point, academic interests, and cultural experience. We’re accepting contributions from now through March 2015. Like this example, each devotional entry will include:
- a quotation from Scripture or a Christian writer
- a reflection on how the contributor has found that quotation helpful in his or her scholarly vocation
- a prayer
- a question for further thought