The Faculty Ministry Lamp Post — our sister ministry’s monthly email chronicle — was published earlier today, and I’d like to draw your attention to a few highlights that might interest you.
- David Thomas, history professor at Union University, reviews the recent collection Teaching and Christian Practices, edited by James K. A. Smith and David I. Smith. I am looking forward to reading David’s review, since I reviewed the book earlier this month for Comment, and I look forward to seeing what an honest-to-goodness college teacher thinks of it.
- Thomas Trevethan revisits the power of asking good questions.
There are also a whole host of excellent upcoming events advertised in this month’s Lamp Post:
- The 2012 Midwest Faculty Conference with Mark Noll
- The 2012 West Coast Faculty Conference with Kathy Cooperand an outstanding team of West Coast faculty members
- A faculty symposion on Academic Christian Discipleship at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville on March 31
Last but certainly not least, don’t forget about the approaching deadline for the Christian Scholars Foundation Grant to Advance Christian Scholarship. The deadline for initial applications is March 15. Learn more on the main ESN website.
If you’d like to receive the Lamp Post directly, please contact ESN by email.
About the author:
The former Associate Director for the Emerging Scholars Network, Micheal lives in Cincinnati with his wife and three children and works as a web manager for a national storage and organization company. He writes about work, vocation, and finding meaning in what you do at No Small Actors.