What tips/ideas do you have for InterVarsity’s National Graduate & Faculty Ministry Staff Team Members in Using Social Media Appropriately and Effectively to Grow Communities? Now’s your opportunity to give input. I’m leading a seminar on the topic at our April Team Meetings. Here’s some material I’m seeking to address:
- How do we use social media appropriately to
- build community? Note: How does social media influence our/your definition of community or the various forms of community in which we find ourselves? The seminar will take the direction of building local, face-to-face campus communities, but I’m also interested in the other forms of community, such one finds in the Emerging Scholars Network.
- invite others to engage with our community?
- engage others with ideas we are discussing in our communities?
- What are some do’s and don’ts for healthy, appropriate and effective use of technology?
- What’s available? What’s changing? How do we make decisions?
- How do we make decisions about the use of technology when engaging with audiences of different generations in our ministry? Note: Please don’t skip. Due to the overall conference theme, it has particular relevance. :-) Feel free to also share How you make decisions about the use of technology when engaging with audiences of different generations in higher education?
Calling out to the community/network for input. …