Tom’s recent post about online materials got me to think about tools to organize that research.
With the glut of information now available, what do you use to keep it all organized?
I’ll start. First, a disclaimer: I use a Mac, and I think all of the tools I use are Mac-specific. Here are the tools that I use:
- For news and RSS feeds, I use NetNewsWire.
- For research material (quotes, docs, notes, etc.), DEVONthink Pro.
- For larger writing projects, Scrivener.
- To keep track of my library, Books.
- To keep track of people, organizations, to-do items, projects, etc., Daylite.
So, what tools do you use?
About the author:
The former Associate Director for the Emerging Scholars Network, Micheal lives in Cincinnati with his wife and three children and works as a web manager for a national storage and organization company. He writes about work, vocation, and finding meaning in what you do at No Small Actors.