Posts from our guest series on academic career stages.
What I Wish I’d Know About Graduate School
Recently doctoral recipient Hannah Eagleson shares some hard-won advice from her graduate school experience.
- Introduction – What happens when you don’t balance your life?
- Balancing Life and Graduate School
- Surviving the Workload
- Managing Your Time and Having a Life
Finding a Postdoc in the Sciences
Duke postdoctoral fellow Kelly Seaton shares her advice for finding a postdoc in the sciences, based on her own experience and research.
- One Postdoc’s Journey
- Where Should I Begin?
- Identifying the Right Position
- Nailing the Interview
- Starting Your New Position
What I Wish I’d Known About Faculty Life
Queens College anthropology professor Kevin Birth relates several enlightening stories about life as a faculty member.