As we start July, would you pray with us at the Emerging Scholars Network (ESN)?
Please pray for:
- Genuine rest and Sabbath for busy academics
- Safety in summer travels
- Chances for Christian academics to serve others in the church and beyond this summer
- Growing writer base for the the blog
- Praise: Several participants in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship / USA’s 2017 Midwest Faculty Conference shared a passion for coming alongside Emerging Scholars in their academic journey by writing for the blog. Pray for next steps in creating future posts. Note: The most recent ESN Review highlights a number of our Spring 2017 posts / series.
- ESN’s upcoming track at the American Scientific Affiliation’s (ASA) 2017 Annual Meetings
- July 28 – 31, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO.
- Theme for the Annual Meetings: Exploring New Heights for Science & Stewardship
Let’s thank God for:
- All the many ways He provides for us each day
- By God’s grace the Emerging Scholars Network finished “in the black” this fiscal year.
- The many ESN members graduating or achieving some other significant milestone this summer
- Good books to read
- The community of the church
- The beauty of the natural world
We close with a hymn by Charles Wesley:
O for a thousand tongues to sing
my great Redeemer’s praise,
the glories of my God and King,
the triumphs of his grace!
My gracious Master and my God,
assist me to proclaim,
to spread thro’ all the earth abroad
the honors of your name.
Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
that bids our sorrows cease,
’tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’tis life and health and peace.
He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
he sets the prisoner free;
his blood can make the foulest clean;
his blood availed for me.
To God all glory, praise, and love
be now and ever given
by saints below and saints above,
the Church in earth and heaven. – Text from Hymnary.com, http://hymnary.org/text/o_for_a_thousand_tongues_to_sing_my
About the author:
The Emerging Scholars Network is always seeking opportunities to identify, encourage, and equip the next generation of Christian scholars to be a redeeming influence in the academy, church, and the world. As you have an announcement, a "call for papers", an event, a prayer request (e.g., campus, field, higher ed), a resource suggestion, a review, etc., which is in concord with our Kingdom of God endeavor, please send materials (marketing/sales material not accepted) for consideration to post via email or the ESN Writer Survey. Thank-you. To God be the glory!
Leave a Reply