Ah, May—the time of long spring walks, balmy breezes, and final papers/grades/classes/committee meetings/all of the above. The Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) is grateful for the beautiful weather, but also aware it can be a tough time for our readers as everything wraps up. This Sunday, we share an encouraging passage from Zephaniah and a few prayer requests:
Zephaniah 3:16–20 (ESV)
On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
“Fear not, O Zion;
let not your hands grow weak.
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.[c]
Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.
Please join us in praying:
- For everyone finishing up the semester, whether students, professors, or families and friends waiting to see them again.
- For fruitful times of rest and renewal this summer, and the chance to learn from Christians whose vocations lie elsewhere than the academy as well.
- For good rhythms of rest and prayer and work and play this summer.
- For attention to justice and mercy in our summer routines.
- For God’s guidance and blessing on ESN as we work toward new endeavors this summer and continue the work God has given us to do.
- For an opportunity ESN is currently exploring; we can’t share about it yet, but would deeply appreciate your prayers for wisdom and blessing.
As you have prayer requests to share, please email us.
The Emerging Scholars Network is always seeking opportunities to identify, encourage, and equip the next generation of Christian scholars to be a redeeming influence in the academy, church, and the world. As you have an announcement, a “call for papers”, an event, a prayer request (e.g., campus, field, higher ed), a resource suggestion, a review, etc., which is in concord with our Kingdom of God endeavor, please send materials (marketing/sales material not accepted) for consideration to post via email or the ESN Writer Survey. Thank-you. To God be the glory!