Ah, May—the time of long spring walks, balmy breezes, and final papers/grades/classes/committee meetings/all of the above. The Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) is grateful for the beautiful weather, but also aware it can be a tough time for our readers as everything wraps up. This Sunday, we share an encouraging passage from Zephaniah and a few prayer requests:
Zephaniah 3:16–20 (ESV)
On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
“Fear not, O Zion;
let not your hands grow weak.
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.[c]
Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.
Please join us in praying:
- For everyone finishing up the semester, whether students, professors, or families and friends waiting to see them again.
- For fruitful times of rest and renewal this summer, and the chance to learn from Christians whose vocations lie elsewhere than the academy as well.
- For good rhythms of rest and prayer and work and play this summer.
- For attention to justice and mercy in our summer routines.
- For God’s guidance and blessing on ESN as we work toward new endeavors this summer and continue the work God has given us to do.
- For an opportunity ESN is currently exploring; we can’t share about it yet, but would deeply appreciate your prayers for wisdom and blessing.
As you have prayer requests to share, please email us.