In this month of thanksgiving, ESN is delighted to thank God for His generosity, and to share some upcoming things we’re excited about. Please join us in thanking God for His goodness and praying with us.
Praise for the way Scholar’s Compass writers have been able to share their thoughtful perspectives from a range of disciplines over the past two months, including chemistry, biology, English literature, German language, philosophy, physics, and computational social science. We’re so grateful to be in conversation with a growing number of Christian scholars who are deeply thoughtful about integrating their faith and their academic study.
Praise for chances to connect with believers worldwide through Scholar’s Compass. We’ve been able to continue exciting conversations with believers in Europe and Australia, and after IFES generously posted about Scholar’s Compass, we received an enthusiastic comment from a student in Latin America. Please pray for continued conversation with brothers and sisters around the world.
Please pray for November’s posts, that they will be deeply helpful to readers. The lineup includes:
- Mark Hansard on Sabbath
- Angela O’Neal on literary theory and the Romantic poets
- Gerald Rau on approaching truth as a scientist and a believer
- Alice Brown-Collins on Thanksgiving
Other ESN Prayers
- Praise for the chance to feature a series of 30 Prayers of Thanksgiving from Ernie Frederick during the month of November. This series will run daily on the ESN Facebook Wall.
- Praise for the launch of the ESN Local feature on the blog. Pray for local activities of ESN, that the number would grow and they would support campus ministry already taking place among InterVarsity groups and beyond. Please pray also for opportunities to support local events in places where there is not yet much support for Christian grad students and professors.
- Praise for an opportunity for ESN to support students interested in graduate school at an upcoming conference. Please pray for more opportunities like this and the resources to respond.
It’s an exciting time for ESN. God has been deeply generous in providing connections to community, opportunities for conversation, material for Scholar’s Compass, and more. Please join us in thanking Him, to whom be all glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, throughout all ages, amen.
About the author:
Dr. Hannah Eagleson loves building the ecosystem Christian scholars need to flourish and create positive impacts, in the university and beyond. She is Associate Director of InterVarsity’s Emerging Scholars Network, a digital first ministry serving thousands of early career Christian scholars. Dr. Eagleson launched the ESN student/early career track at the American Scientific Affiliation annual faith and science conference. She is the editor of *Science and Faith: Student Questions Explored* (Hendrickson, 2019), and the one-semester guidebook *Scholar’s Compass: Connecting Faith & Work for Academics* (InterVarsity Emerging Scholars Network, 2021), with design by noted liturgical artist Ned Bustard. She also launched the Scholar's Compass online devotional series in her previous role as ESN Editor. Dr. Eagleson holds an MA from St. John’s College (Annapolis, MD) and a PhD in Renaissance literature from the University of Delaware.