We’re deeply grateful for an exciting first week of Scholar’s Compass! Please join us in thanking God and praying for the project. Also, we’ve received an exciting opportunity and are issuing an extra call for science-related devotionals. Scroll down for more on:
Please join us in thanking God:
- For a great start with entries by W. Brian Lane and Bethany Bear
- For an opportunity to run a Scholar’s Compass workshop at an engineering school
- For support and encouragement
Please join us in asking God:
- For wisdom as we craft workshop materials
- For wisdom as we try to learn the best ways of serving various communities of scholars
- For more workshop opportunities
Call for Science Entries
We’re thrilled for the chance to build a workshop around Scholar’s Compass for the graduate Christian fellowship at an engineering school. We’d love to have more entries on scientific subjects by September 25 for the workshop. We welcome entries from any field, but we’re especially looking for these right now:
- Engineering, especially mechanical and electrical
We’re most in need of entries on the theme Navigating Knowledge: Integrating Faith and the Details of Your Subject.
If you’re interested, get in touch with us here.
Humanities scholars, we’d love to do a humanities workshop too! Email us if you’re interested.
Hannah Eagleson is Interim Associate Director of InterVarsity’s Emerging Scholars Network (ESN). She launched and still edits ESN’s collaboratively written devotional for academics, Scholar’s Compass. Hannah also crafts other community-building events and materials for ESN. She holds a PhD in English literature from the University of Delaware, and an MA from St. John’s College in Annapolis, MD. she’s working on a novel about a dragon who gave up fending off knights to become a tea importer in eighteenth-century England.