As the ESN team prepares to meet next week, I find myself thinking back to the post I wrote about Stone Soup in January. There, I reflected on moments when creativity, generosity, and community transform slender resources into something amazing. I see that happening all the time at ESN, often through the generosity of ESN members. Again and again, you’ve offered your prayers and your insights and your writing abilities and your volunteer time, and we’re so grateful. ESN has grown dramatically as a community since I began working for InterVarsity two years ago, and it’s so exciting to see new connections flourishing. Like Paul, I find myself thanking God as I remember you all, ESN’s faithful readers and supporters.
God has been so generous to us in these past few years, and we want to thank Him for all the readers and writers of Scholar’s Compass and other blog pieces, for our regular columnists, and for other members of our community who engage with us in different ways. We want to thank Him for new connections made and new ideas, and for ways we’re seeing His faithfulness over time.
We’d also like to pray for the following things as we have ESN team meetings this week:
- Wisdom as we plan the ESN blog lineup for the fall of 2016.
- Wisdom as we talk about ways to provide more opportunities for Christian scholars to connect face to face and online.
- Joy and rest as we continue exciting but challenging work with a small team.
- Growth in supporting scholars in specific disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, including partnerships with organizations with similar longings.
- God’s provision as we work toward building sustainable funding strategies.
- That God would multiply what sometimes feels like slim resources as Christ did the loaves and the fish.
Will you join us in prayer? Thank you so much!
If God is calling you to partner with us through a financial gift as we close the fiscal year (June 30), click here.