Yesterday InterVarsity’s Faculty Ministry Leadership Team began several days of meetings (Tampa, FL) seeking discernment for next steps in ministry. Pray for us as we engage in prayerful consideration of
- The State of Faculty Ministry, particularly with respect to our mission, vision, and basic values statement.
- Key texts from the Word of God guiding our vision/understanding of God’s call to reach out to & build up Emerging Scholars and Faculty. Note: see some of the texts highlighted in fall meetings by reviewing Seeking the Peace of the University (Thomas B. Grosh IV. ESN Blog. 10/4/2012).
- Faculty Ministry Training for Graduate & Faculty Ministry staff.
- Integrating the Emerging Scholars Network within InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministry’s larger endeavors and newer on-line initiatives, including the website redesign.
- Yes, I’ll be leading this session. Pray for significant insight to be gained in next steps for our web redesign, of which I am a co-coordinator.
- Regional Coordination of Faculty Ministry, including summer conferencing.
In addition, pray that we will truly grow closer together as a team and enjoy one another while taking some rest, i.e., not going 24-7 for several days of business.
Note: Seeking the Peace of the University (Thomas B. Grosh IV. 10/4/2012) provides notes from our fall meetings. Upon review, what a joy to be reminded of the launch of the Emerging Scholars Network website, the significant interest in the Emerging Scholars Network at Urbana12 (see photos), the growth of faculty chapter plants, and the development of Faculty Ministry Training.
Almighty God, we beseech you, with your gracious favor to behold our university, that knowledge may be increased among us, and all good learning flourish and abound. Bless all who teach and all who learn; and grant that in humility of heart they may ever look unto you, the fountain of all wisdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Tom enjoys daily conversations regarding living out the Biblical Story with his wife Theresa and their four girls, around the block, at Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ Church (where he teaches adult electives and co-leads a small group), among healthcare professionals as the South Central PA Area Director for the Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA), and in higher ed as a volunteer with the Emerging Scholars Network (ESN). The Christian Medical Society / CMDA at Penn State College of Medicine is the hub of his ministry with CMDA. Note: Tom served with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship / USA for 20+ years, including 6+ years as the Associate Director of ESN. He has written for the ESN blog from its launch in August 2008. He has studied Biology (B.S.), Higher Education (M.A.), Spiritual Direction (Certificate), Spiritual Formation (M.A.R.), Ministry to Emerging Generations (D.Min.). To God be the glory!