The University of Northwestern–St.Paul is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of English & Literature. Founded in 1902, Northwestern is an evangelical, nondenominational Christian institution offering both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Northwestern is an intentional community of faith, living, and learning. Administration, faculty, and staff must understand and agree with University Doctrinal and Declaration of Christian Community Statements.
Full information about the position can be found at: https://jobs.unwsp.edu/ postings/651.
Editor’s note: Thank-you to the faculty member of the University of Northwestern–St.Paul who brought this opening to my attention. As pertinent I encourage members of the Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) to prayerfully consider and share this job opportunity. Later in the year I intend to create a Finding Work page which will also include links to relevant blog posts such as . . .
- Advice to Those Who Would Be Christian Scholars by Nicholas Wolterstorff (Noah Porter Professor of Philosophical Theology Emeritus at Yale University)
- Finding a Postdoc in the Sciences: Nailing the Interview* by Kelly Seaton (Postdoctoral Associate at Duke University Human Vaccine Institute), part of Finding a Postdoc series
- What I Wish I’d Known about Faculty Life series by Kevin Birth (Department of Anthropology at Queens College)
- Blessed Are The Successful? by Paul Yandle, Faithful Is Successful series
- Interview on Vocation with Bryan McGraw, Faithful Is Successful series
- Scholar’s Compass: A Devotional for Academics, by Academics
Thank-you to those who have blessed their campus fellowship by sharing such valuable resources by email lists, Facebook Walls, Tweets, websites, etc. Please continue to let me know particular resources/topics which come to your attention as valuable to post, explore, and/or develop. This process is a significant part of our ministry as a learning community and yes, I really enjoy keeping our Facebook Wall and Tweets active with cutting edge material :) Great to have you on the team. To God be the glory!
*Did you know Finding a Postdoc in the Sciences: Nailing the Interview is currently the second most visited post of the month (#1 Prayers for Chapel Hill) and #1 for the history of the blog (#2 What’s the purpose of a university?). See Top Posts for a listing.