Quiz: How Millennial Are You?

Last night I took the Pew Research Center’s Quiz: See How You Compare to the Millennial Generation (HT:  How Millennial Are You? Chronicle of Higher Education, 3/17/2010).  I scored a “22” with the below markers on a scale up to “100.”

• “4” for Silent Generation
  • “11” for Baby Boomer
  • “33” for Gen X-er
  • “73” for Millenial

What’s your score?

Anyone have comments on the quiz (and where you fall), the data found at Millennials: A Portrait of Generation Next, and/or how this material should be used by those in higher education?

PS.   For more check out Week in Review: Milliennials in Transition Edition.

Print Friendly

Tom Grosh IV

Enjoys daily conversations regarding living out the Biblical Story with his wife Theresa, four girls, around the block, at Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ Church (where he hosts the Christian Scholar Series), on campus as part of InterVarsity Graduate & Faculty Ministry (serving fellowships such as the Christian Medical Society/CMDA at Penn State College of Medicine), online as the Associate Director of the Emerging Scholars Network, in the culture at large, and in God's creation.

More Posts - Website

8 Comments

• W. Brian Lane commented on March 20, 2010 Reply

“Question 10 of 14
    How important is living a very religious life to you personally?”

I wasn’t sure how to answer this question, since I grew up in a generation of Christians that wanted “a relationship with God, not a religion,” but I didn’t want to sound like I was atheistic.

• Thomas B. Grosh IV commented on March 20, 2010 Reply

I had the same problem Brian. It was a tough, but the first time I took the quiz, I went with “One of the most important things.” A change to “Not important” enables me to score “33” and join my generation ;-) I hope several retests don’t end up skewing their data too much :-0

• mike@emergingscholars.org'
    Mike Hickerson commented on March 20, 2010 Reply

Wow, Tom, I’m not even sure I’m allowed to hang out with you. My score? A solid 7. I guess I’m more like my Silent Generation dad than I care to admit.

• Thomas B. Grosh IV commented on March 20, 2010 Reply

What a trip Mike! You’re not the only one of my young adult friends who scored ‘low’ (a friend reported an ’11’ on Facebook). But you are the lowest. My father-in-law tied my score using his iPhone, wish I had one of those! Maybe we can finally give a number to being “countercultural” ;-)

• annalee77@gmail.com'
    Anna Lee-Winans commented on March 22, 2010 Reply

I’m at 60. What a hoot!

• mike.austin@eku.edu'
    Mike Austin commented on March 23, 2010 Reply

I scored a 7, I’m a bit surprised I was that low on the scale.

• amywung@gmail.com'
    Amy commented on March 24, 2010 Reply

Wowza, I scored 22. But birthday wise I’m just barely a Millenial. Although now that I think about it, I said that I read a newspaper in the past 24 hours, but what I meant was I went to http://www.nytimes.com and checked out their top stories for the day. Does that count? Reading a newspaper does make me sound older. =)

• Tom Grosh commented on March 24, 2010 Reply

@Anna, Yes, what a hoot Anna! You’ll have to give me some tips at the Graduate & Faculty Ministry Team Meetings!

@Mike, Yes, that’s “low,” but that’s not all a bad thing … right?

@ Amy, “22” is a great score ;-) AND that’s a great point about “reading a newspaper.” I marked “No” in response to “In the past 24 hours, did you read a daily newspaper, or not?” based upon the paper newspaper, I have a copy which I’m ignoring while following links from the daily “NY Times” and the 2x day “Chronicle of Higher Education.” Changing definitions of “daily newspaper.”