To connect emerging Christian scholars to resources, local communities, and wider networks.
After an academic year and summer of new growth, the Emerging Scholars Network (ESN) is taking next steps in connecting emerging Christian scholars to resources, local communities, and wider networks over the course of 2015 – 2016. By God’s grace, ESN has been able to connect Christian academics to a new resource in Scholar’s Compass, our devotional for scholars, by scholars. That resource is generating connection and conversation across the U. S. and internationally.
ESN Local pilot events in Boston and South Central PA have fostered connections in particular communities. And ESN conversations with international scholars are connecting academics across geographic distances.
Through the interactions God has given us this year, ESN is ready to launch new initiatives for connecting Christian scholars. Next year, our goals include connecting emerging scholars to:
- Continue Scholar’s Compass, Emerging Scholars.org, Emerging Scholars Blog, Emerging Scholars Facebook, Emerging Scholars Twitter
- Launch collaboratively written Scholar’s Call: A Theology of Higher Ed project
- Identify 2-5 areas to pilot new ESN Local hubs
- Continue Central PA Christian Scholars ESN Local events
- Pilot more online communities for conversation within disciplines
- Provide an ESN presence at conferences such as American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) Annual Meetings, BioLogos, Consortium of Christian Study Centers, Faculty Ministry Conferences, IFES World Assembly, Urbana Student Missions Conference.
- Organize google hangouts based on disciplines and academic life stages.
- As opportunity arises organize online events similar to “The End of the University?’ Symposium for ESN members at a distance from ESN Local hubs
We’d love to support connections further, but we need your help. To continue quality material and support new online and conference based community initiatives, please prayerfully consider donating to assist us in our expanding 2015 – 2016 ministry budget. Praying for the Lord’s provision through the People of God. To God be the glory!