Yesterday InterVarsity’s Faculty Ministry Leadership Team began several days of meetings (Tampa, FL) seeking discernment for next steps in ministry. Pray for us as we engage in prayerful consideration of
- The State of Faculty Ministry, particularly with respect to our mission, vision, and basic values statement.
- Key texts from the Word of God guiding our vision/understanding of God’s call to reach out to & build up Emerging Scholars and Faculty. Note: see some of the texts highlighted in fall meetings by reviewing Seeking the Peace of the University (Thomas B. Grosh IV. ESN Blog. 10/4/2012).
- Faculty Ministry Training for Graduate & Faculty Ministry staff.
- Integrating the Emerging Scholars Network within InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministry’s larger endeavors and newer on-line initiatives, including the website redesign.
- Yes, I’ll be leading this session. Pray for significant insight to be gained in next steps for our web redesign, of which I am a co-coordinator.
- Regional Coordination of Faculty Ministry, including summer conferencing.
In addition, pray that we will truly grow closer together as a team and enjoy one another while taking some rest, i.e., not going 24-7 for several days of business.
Note: Seeking the Peace of the University (Thomas B. Grosh IV. 10/4/2012) provides notes from our fall meetings. Upon review, what a joy to be reminded of the launch of the Emerging Scholars Network website, the significant interest in the Emerging Scholars Network at Urbana12 (see photos), the growth of faculty chapter plants, and the development of Faculty Ministry Training.
Almighty God, we beseech you, with your gracious favor to behold our university, that knowledge may be increased among us, and all good learning flourish and abound. Bless all who teach and all who learn; and grant that in humility of heart they may ever look unto you, the fountain of all wisdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.